Re: 2 questions

thanks!

actually both debians are in the same disk. the modem linux driver is for
2.2, so i have to install 2.2, though i'm quite happy with 2.1.

below is part of syslog. the first n lines is about modem's modules loading.
the last few lines is about dialing.

kernel: hamcore module loaded
kernel: ham: loading HaM PRE-Release 333-5 INT - Feb 22 2002
kernel: ham: /PCI/VENDOR_1813/DEVICE_4000/SUBSYS_00000000 on bus 0
kernel: ham: Device Class=0780 IRQ line=10 IRQ pin=1
kernel: ham: DSP base address: phys=f0412000 virt=c188a000
kernel: ham: I/O Addr1=6000 Mask=ffffff01 Range=256
kernel: hamcore_init
kernel: hamcore_init:done
kernel: ham:init:uart
kernel: ham:init:serialdriver
kernel: ham:init:serial driver registered
kernel: ham:init:callout driver registered
kernel: ham:init:rs_event_bh initialized
kernel: CSLIP: code copyright 1989 Regents of the University of California
kernel: PPP: version 2.3.7 (demand dialling)
kernel: PPP line discipline registered.
kernel: registered device ppp0
pppd[163]: pppd 2.3.11 started by root, uid 0
chat[164]: Can't get terminal parameters: Input/output error
pppd[163]: Connect script failed
pppd[163]: Exit.

"Can't get terminal parameters: Input/output error" means what?