RE: disabling login

>Hi,
>
>On a multi-user system, how can I "turn off" an account?  >Not remove it,
though, since at a later time, it
>will have to be re-enabled?  While we're at it, how
> to you re-enable a disabled account?

passwd -l and passwd -u.  See man passwd.

- Chris

This electronic mail is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you receive this electronic mail in error, please delete it immediately. It may also contain confidential information. You may not use or disclose any confidential information.

The statements or views expressed in this electronic mail are those of the individual sender and are not those of AAP Pty Ltd. These statements are not binding on AAP, except where the sender expressly and with authority, states them to be.

AAP is unable to review the contents of all of the electronic mail on its system. To the extent permitted by law, AAP disclaims all liability for any loss or damage caused by the contents of this electronic mail.