app segfaults on startup in debian woody/sid

Hi,

I'm porting the Torque Game Engine from Garage Games (www.garagegames.com) to
Linux.  The engine already runs fine on several linux distributions,
including redhat, mandrake, suse, and also debian 2.2.

However it does not work on debian woody or sid.  It compiles ok, but when I
try to start it, it crashes immediately with a segfault, before it even gets
to main().  However it works if I configure it to statically link.
Unfortunately I need to be able to dynamically link it.  I've tried both gcc2
and 3 with no luck.

I really want to get the engine up and running on debian, but I'm not sure
what the next step is in debugging this problem.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

- jq