Re: Gnome reconfiguration question

> On Sun, 2002-02-17 at 15:56, stan wrote:
> > I'm setting up a woody machien for my wife. She's going to use Gnome, and
> > I had sent a fair amount of time configuring her desktop for her.
> >
> > Today she aske me to make things bigger (fonts ets.) and the best way I
> > and the best way I could figure out to do that, was o lower the resolutin.
> >
> > So I cahnge the X rsolutino from 1920x1440 to 1152x864.
> >
> > Problem is, Gnome doesn't seem to completly respect the chang :-(

If the problem is about the system font, then you can get into
Settings/Desktop/Theme Selector menu. You have to have Gnome Control
Center installed, of course. Then you can set it in the User font
check-boxes (well, check-box, actually).

> > For example the background image is still scaled for teh larger
> > workspace. Deleteing it, and reselecting it does not fix the problem.
> >
> > Short of blowing away all the .gnoe directories, is there a way to
> > fix this?

To have Gnome completely respect the changes you made (in XF86Config), you
have to restart the X server (/etc/init.d/gdm restart).

BTW, if you are successful with this, don't tell your wife about this list
;-)

Oki

---
Blame it on the rain (rain)
Blame it on the stars (stars)
Whatever you do don't put the blame on you
Blame it on the rain yeah yeah
You can blame it on the rain
		- Blame it on the rain; Milli Vanilli