Re: VIM command to convert comma delimited text to latex table

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 07:43:32PM -0800, Eric G. Miller wrote:

| > > * Abner Gershon (abner_gershon@yahoo.com) [020220 09:01]:
[...]
| Umm, what about quoted text containing commas? Like:
|
| "Sound Bite","It was an unfortunate event, but guaranteed to inspire."

To properly handle all legal CSV input you will need a real CSV
parser.  If the input you actually have to work with doesn't contain
any special quoting or anything, then you can get away with
simple-minded regexes like the ones suggested.  It is all a matter of
what is "good enough" for the actual data you have.

-D

--

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.
Rather be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.