Re: how would I save my outgoing mail (I use procmail in .forward file)

* Walter Tautz (wtautz@math.uwaterloo.ca) [020220 09:01]:
> procmail is not used as the local delivery agent. It would
> seem sendmail has no way of knowing I am using procmail
> for outgoing mail if the only place procmail is mentioned
> is in .forward. By the way I am using pine. I would use
> pine but I would prefer to make it independent of the MUA.
> Perhaps I have to tell pine to use procmail as a delivery
> agent?

I don't know many people using procmail for outgoing mail, but from
looking at procmailex(5), here's how I would guess you should do it:

DEFAULT=|

:0 c
sent-mail

And then tell pine that it should throw the message through procmail
instead of straight to sendmail. Of course, just telling pine to fcc
your sent mail would probably be easier, but not MUA-independent. I
think you'll find, though, that you'll have to configure each MUA
independently to send through procmail anyway. The benefit you'll get
from doing it the procmail way is that once each MUA has been configured
once, you can change the setup very easily in just one place
(.procmailrc).

good times,
Vineet

--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume/