Re: main conf file

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 00:06, Mark Janssen wrote:

> Debian has a directory of such config files, located in /etc/rc.config.d
> And this is much better manageble then 1 big config file for all
> packages (and debian has lots more then any other distro). Also in
> debian these config files are placed by the packages (just like used
> user accounts are created on package install) unlike in Suse where these
> are pre-placed (and users created etc) in the base-install.

I'm afraid there is no such directory on my machine (woody).

I'm don't tell to put all configuration in one conf file and let scripts build
then the real configs.. yes that really sucks that was one of the reasons why
i left SuSE. But only a "START_DNS" or "START_KDM" or such things, things
wich doesn't need any additional configuration. They are only for the init
scripts.
E.g. the actual configuration for sshd wich i have to place a
"sshd_not_to_be_run" file in the ssh dir is very strange!! This way we have
no more central managment.

cheers,
Raffaele
--
Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch>
For encrypted Mail get my Public Key from "search.keyserver.net"