Re: Configuring X in sid

on Tue, Feb 19, 2002, Patrick Kirk (patrick@kirks.net) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What is recommended as a grpahical package that allows you change
> resolutions, depth, fonts, etc. under X?  Something along the lones of
> the Windows Display applet.

There isn't one per se.

You can't resize both the virtual desktop and the resolution under X as
you can in Legacy MS Windows, AFAIK.  If your /etc/XF86Config-4 has
multiple resolution lines, you can switch between them with the

Otherwise, you'd need to modify your XF86Config-4 file or restart X with
another color depth preference.  Note that if this is for certain
ill-behaved apps, Xnest might buy you what you're looking for.

> I'm running Enlightenment, though kinda impressed by Gnome/Sawfish.

Strongly partial to WindowMaker myself.

Peace.