Re: OT: Web Standards

*bemused grin* Gosh, I think we have a consensus here.  How did that
happen?

Now for my own little rant...

Why is it *so* hard to build a browser that is

(a) Standards compliant
(b) Small
(c) Fast
(d) Extensible (so you can look at all-flash sites if you want)

???

People just don't seem able to do it.  Micro$oft can't, Netscape can't,
Sun had a go at it, KDE is closeish, galeon seems not ideal...  They're
all slow, or have strange foibles, or won't display
java/flash/pdf/name-your-poison or just plain segfault every three
minutes like the good 'ol nutscrape versions (as one of my colleagues
refers to them).  What gives?

Tom