Re: Dell Optiplex Network

I tried the 3c509 but it didn't work- it didn't say 'Vortex'.  I tried the GX110 again today just to verify that I remembered the number correctly (which I did) and there was no Vortex listed.  As I remember, previous CDs had a lot more NIC drivers.

I usually install from the net without even loading a NIC driver.  I'm wondering if it is because it is a Dell integrated network interface.  We have a lot of Dells here and I like them but they are a bit proprietary which is the only thing I don't care for.  (They are really easy to work on :)

In any event I started the install from CD and am planning on compiling a kernel and seeing if I can get something going with the modules.

Thanks for all the ideas :)

Billy

Alex Malinovich wrote:
(remember to hit Reply to All so that your replies go to the list as
well.)