Re: Latest *stable* 2.4.x kernel ?

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 12:46:48AM -0500, Adam Bogacki wrote:
> Hi, I apt-downloaded the 2.4.14 kernel and all seemed to go well for two sessions
> before it crashed and I cannot login beyond a low runlevel. Ker 2.2.x would not
> recognise the Promise controller on which my removable HD was mounted so a
> 2.4.x ker was needed.
[snip]
> I'd like to install a safe and  stable 2.4.x kernel
> onto /dev/hdb so that I could have access to it. Any ideas ?

2.4.17 is the stable, released kernel version. The best thing
to do is work out exactly what went wrong with the old kernel,
and either find a newer kernel that fixes that problem, or
an older kernel before that problem was introduced.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.

use, duplication and distribution.