Re: HELP with samba/ linking Nt machine

<quote who="Rodney Agha">
> does anyone know how to mount an nt machine onto samba unix ?
>
> Nt machine can see the unix box, but unix cannot see the nt ?

if your referring to mapping a SMB share from a win32 system
onto a GNU/Linux system then you should read up on 'smbmount'.

if your using some flavor of UNIX, then smbmount will not work
as it only supports LINUX. there are probably some commerical
solutions for UNIX out there(i dont know of any off hand)

i wouldn't reccomend heavy use of smbmount, in my experience
it is not very reliable. and of course having to re-mount if
you reboot the win32 system is a pain being that win32 reboots
so !#@#$ often.

i see another post by you about this referencing backups.
what i do is install CYGWIN/32 on the NT machine and download
all my data via RSYNC and back it up from the linux machine.

nate