Re: ARUGENT HELP!!

On Sun, 2002-02-17 at 18:29, Tom Cook wrote:

> God that scares me silly, every time I do it...

It does? I don't even bother typing it anymore. I've got a script set up
to do it all for me, with not a single bit of error checking... :) Just
remember, rescue root=/dev/hda1 is your friend. :)

And while we're on the subject (and at the risk of getting somewhat OT)
what's the most "innovative" (read: convoluted) way anyone has of
updating their mbr for dual boot? I've got a script which will read the
Linux boot info into a file, ftp it to my DC (which has a repository of
my last 20 configurations just in case), and execute a reboot. Upon
reboot, I start the system up in Windows, which has another script that
runs at start up which (using Cygwin's bash shell) gets the appropriate
boot file from the DC and writes it to my NTFS C: drive. (Until recently
I had no FAT partitions, so I had to use the DC for temporary storage,
which then grew into auto-backup beast that it is now.)

-Alex