Re: Actualized PostgreSQL 7.2 packages?

Kerstin Hoef-Emden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 16 Feb 2002, Guille -bisho- wrote:
>
> > There are RPM packages but no debs even in unstable, and I need some of
> > the new features. :(
>
> Compilation of the tarballs from www.postgresql.org worked on my machine
> and I am running an alpha, which frequently suffers from problems
> during compilation.

Yeah, recompiling 7.2 on my intel box worked fine also.  Why do you need
7.2?  The only significant things I can see added are
internationalisation and VACUUMing.  Your English seems pretty adequate,
and a DB will probably live without VACUUMing until the debs come
out...  and there are 7.1.3 debs in woody.  They have all the
SQL-compliance stuff that 6.3 lacked (foreign key relationships, some tx
fixes etc. IIRC).

Mind you, 7.1.3 won't install on potato (wants newer libc and a whole
stack of other stuff) so I had to recompile to get the extras (I really
needed foreign key relationships).  Try recompiling; it's not that hard.

Tom