Re: 486SX success whit slink.

> On Sun, 2002-02-17 at 16:51, Gerard Robin wrote:
> > Is it possible to clean the MBR of my hard disk after that I have put
> > lilo into ?
> > (I read that it was impossible but perhaps there is a trick ...?)
>
> It's not really possible to 'clean' the MBR... But you can just install
> some other MBR over it (You always need something in there, or booting
> won't work.)

What exactly do you mean by `cleaning the MBR'?

I believe lilo keeps a backup of what was there before it had written
its stuff. This backup can be put back, probably with lilo itself or dd
or with  other tools. You can also put there NULL characters or, for
that matter, anything that you can think of. Once again, dd and
probably others are your friends.
IIRC fdisk /R will restore MS default MBR when used from within MS
environment.