Re: Browsers won't connect to modem

Thanks for helping me out.

John Hasler writes:
> What do you by 'trouble'?  It is not connecting to the Net if it is not
> authenticating.

I attached the output from wvdial to show you what I mean.

> Why are messing around with diald stuff when you have pppd configured for
> demand dialing?  The two are mutually exclusive.

I was working with diald first, mainly because the boot output contained a
message saying I should configure it. When it wasn't working this time around,
I opened the "advanced" section of pppconfig, which gave an "enable demand
dialing" option. It was deselected and I thought maybe that was the problem, so
I selected it. It didn't change anything.

> Post the contents of /etc/chatscripts/provider, /etc/ppp/peers/provider,
> and the output of plog.

I'm attaching the first two. Plog came up with no output, and I checked, and
there was no /var/log/ppp-log (or whatever the name of the file was that plog
checks--I have to send these emails from a different computer, for obvious
reasons).

BTW, I'm having to send these from a 'doze box. I hope it doesn't scramble the
files as I send them to you. They look messed up in Notepad.

Thanks again,

Keith

This message was sent using PAdotNET WebMail.
              http://www.pa.net/