Re: Mouse Jumps Sometimes

On 16 Feb 2002, David Frey wrote:

> My mouse (a logitech optical wheel mouse) has one problem.  Every once
> in a while, the cursor will "go crazy" and shoot into one of the corners
> of the screen.  It returns to normal after a few seconds.  This is
> *REALLY* annoying when I'm playing Unreal Tournament because all of a
> sudden I'm staring at a spinning ceiling  :-)
>

> This is from my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>     Identifier	"Mouse1"
>     Driver	"mouse"
>     Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"
> 	Option "Buttons" "5"
>     Option "Device"      "/dev/psaux"
> 	Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> EndSection
>

> Any ideas?

Try putting

Option       "sw_cursor"

in your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 in the video card section.

This can sometimes do the trick with weird mouse behaviour. See for
example,

http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/wessels_trident_mouse.html

Though this is the example of a very specific bug, it sometimes works in
other cases too.

                                        Sincerely, Faheem Mitha.