Re: GTK Themes not working

On 15 Feb 2002 17:28:22 -0600
Alex Malinovich <demonbane@the-love-shack.net> wrote:

> I'm having a bit of a problem with GTK themes. When I install a theme
> from a Debian package, everything works fine and the theme shows up
> fine. However, if I download a theme and try to install it manually
> (i.e. get a theme off of themes.org for example) only the colors get
> applied. The widgets all remain the same. Is there some Debian-specific
> behavior in regards to themes like there is with /usr/local etc? TIA. :)
no, nothing debian-specific =)... you probably downloaded a theme which depends
on a specific engine... my theme, for example, depends on the xenophilia
engine, which is provided by the gtk-engines-xenophilia package.

Most themes I've seen depend on the gtk-engines-pixmap package

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
| : :'  : + Debian BR.......: <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>+
| `. `'`  + Q: "Why did the chicken cross the road?"          +
|   `-    | A: "Upstream's decision." -- hmh                  |