Re: Need Help with dpkg Error

You said in your earlier message that you upgraded another machine
with the same version, right?
Was it the same file, or did each machine download its own copy?
If different files, do they match?
	If not, try sneaker net.

If those ideas don't work, you can try rebuilding by hand just to
get things working again.

On the good machine, do dpkg -L libc6
use floppies or whatever to transfer the files listed into the proper
spots on the stuck machine.

In this latter case, you probably would still need to trick
dpkg into thinking that it was installed the right way.
Look under /var  for dpkg's database. I haven't poked around
enough to point you more directly, but I trashed my /var
partition a year ago and lost my package database, among other
things.

Good luck,
Bob