Re: ethernet issue

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 09:54:35AM -0800, Shaun wrote:
> I'm used to use Red Hat. All the ethernet drivers and etc were called /dev/eth*. In debian is this
> the same? All I see is /dev/gre*. does that mean that my NIC isnt being found by the kernel?

NICs don't show up in /dev/ at all.  (Plus /dev is not generated by the kernel, it's just
a bunch of device nodes.  Just because something is in /dev doesn't mean the kernel
knows about it)

Try to ifconfig the device.  If the kernel knows about that card, it'll work.

Chris Hilts
chilts@birdbrained.org