custom locale creation

Hi,

I've been playing around with my locale settings lately, and was happy to get gnucash to display the euro symbol, but now I have a problem: If I want the euro symbol, I must set (at least) LC_MONETARY to nl_NL@euro, but this also means I have to use the comma (,), not the period (.), to start the decimal part of any amounts I enter, which is very annoying (though apparently this is how 'we dutch' do it). Now, I can change the definition in /usr/share/i18n/locales/nl_NL@euro directly, but that doesn't seem very nice. Is there a way to add custom locale definitions, so I can go back to using the period?

Thanks in advance,
Matijs.