Re: mySQL 3.23.x on potatoe

<quote who="Philip Iezzi">
> I've just tried to upgrade mysql on potato from 3.22.32 to
> 3.23.47-1 (from woody).
> It breaks because of a whole bunch of dependencies. I'm afraid to
> upgrade libc6, libncurses5, libreadlin4 and libstdc++2.10... Can I
> try to upgrade them or do I risk to mess up everything? For the
> moment we need to keep potato.

i would STRONGLY reccomend you do NOT upgrade libc6 on a potato
system without doing a full upgrade.

i run mysql 3.23.42 on a potato system, i compiled from source,
i run the same version on a woody system. it works fine ..

i tried building the packages from testing(or was it unstable)
for mysql 3.23 a while back(~6 months) and was unsucessful..lotta
dependencies..

nate