Re: PAM and /etc/security/access.conf

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Xeno Campanoli wrote:
>
> >I have the following entries in /etc/security/access.conf:
> >
> >+:ALL tty1,tty2,tty3,tty4,tty5
> >-:ALL tty6
> >-:wheel:ALL EXCEPT LOCAL
>
> Have a look at the files in /etc/pam.d/. In login, you'll see these lines
>
> # Uncomment and edit /etc/security/access.conf if you need to
> # set access limits.
> # (Replaces /etc/login.access file)
> # account  required       pam_access.so
>
> You should check out the other files in there too.

Okay, I uncommented that, and nothing changes.  I can still log into
tty6.

None of the other files (except login) has this entry.  Is that to be
expected?

Is there a step besides killing getty for tty6 that I should take to
make sure the new configuration is in use?

TIA

--
http://www.eskimo.com/~xeno
xeno@eskimo.com