Re: PAM and /etc/security/access.conf

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Xeno Campanoli wrote:

>I have the following entries in /etc/security/access.conf:
>
>+:ALL tty1,tty2,tty3,tty4,tty5
>-:ALL tty6
>-:wheel:ALL EXCEPT LOCAL
>
>I reboot and try logging into tty6, and I still can.  Am I missing
>something?  What do I do to make sure that PAM is working here?

Have a look at the files in /etc/pam.d/. In login, you'll see these lines

# Uncomment and edit /etc/security/access.conf if you need to
# set access limits.
# (Replaces /etc/login.access file)
# account  required       pam_access.so

You should check out the other files in there too.

>I'm using Potato with 2.2.19 kernel.
>
>Also, I find no reference to PAM in the /proc directory.

Why would you? Its got very little to do with the kernel, as its a
userland library.

Cameron Kerr
--
cameron.kerr@paradise.net.nz