Re: how do i get æ ø and å in xterm and mutt?

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 11:33:03AM +0100, Martin A. Hansen wrote
everything in the subject line...

Hi

In order to be able to *type* the Danish letters, I resorted to
creating my own ~/.xmodmaprc containing:

    ! This file is used from ~/.xsession
    !
    keycode    34 = bracketleft braceleft aring
    keycode    47 = semicolon colon ae
    keycode    48 = apostrophe at oslash

and adding
    xmodmap ~/.xmodmaprc
in my .xsession file and making sure that I choose 'XSession' in gdm
(don't know about other dm's).

The above gives me æøå and ÆØÅ where they belong on a Danish keyboard *as long
as I hold down the AltGr key*. Without AltGr they revert to their normal
keyboard layout (UK in my my case - I'm Danish, but live in the UK. So
normally the UK keyboard layout is right for me...).

So much for typing them...

Getting programs to *accept* them is another game alltogether.

    $ man 7 locale

may be a starting point - I'm confused here.

HTH

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com