Re: OT: Need help from bash experts... bad filename chars

hi romuald

the only whacky filenames/directories i was able to create (mkdir) on
win98 was...

foo tmp	  space
foo'tmp   apostrophe
foo`tmp   back-tick
foo$sale
foo!tmp
foo#tmp
foo@tmp
foo%tmp
foo^tmp
foo(tmp
foo)tmp
foo[tmp
foo]tmp

and i think you can play tricks with backspace'd names and escapes

and you cannot save/create/restore these files on *nix....
-- you'd need some kind of filename mapping
	- which is where the pain comes in for "janesmith's file names"

these are okay for *nix
foo_tmp
foo.tmp

and   foo/tmp is not allowed by mkdir in win98

have fun
alvin