Re: which assembler is the best?

I don't know much about nasm personally, but gas is the GNU assembler. With very few
exceptions all "linux" software is compiled using the GNU tool chain, and gas is a
crucial and very "active" part of that toolchain.
I have done a fair bit of assembler programming over the years, mainly for embedded
microprocessor systems, and I would say that now, in 2002, the GNU compiler/assembler
et al is the most important tool chain available for software development. All the
documentation you need is available at gnu.org... and I would be surprised if you
couldn't find a chinese translation of the gas manual somewhere on the web....but
don't expect a tutorial in assembler language programming!

Good luck "linuxman" :)

linuxman wrote:

hi,

I want do some assembler programming in debian. there are some assembler such as gas,nasm and so on, so who can tell me which one is the best and the most active? Thanks in advance!

And also, are there any Chinese documents about gas or nasm? if not, I will try to translate some.

linuxman
=========
Linux is all my life