nice printer install

Good  morning!

I've a hp deskjet 845c usb printer connected to a debian unstable (kernel
2.4.17) box. I compiled in usb support and usb printer support. I have
/dev/usb/lp0 (I\m also usin devfsd if that matters). How do I print now ?

anyway, as
doing printing with linux is one thing I've not yet done, and something
that looks really strange and not-that straightforward I'd like to ask
some help. I've heard that cupsys is something that's good, and that's
all.  How do I get this printer up and running with debian and how do I
share it with other widnows machines on my net using samba ? any
howtos/quick quides etc ?

regards,
martin