Re: a modest proposal - Debian needs more $

On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 14:18, Roderick Cummings wrote:
> I assume the reason why US-based people have it easy when they make
> donations is because the treasurer is in the US. For whatever the reason, I
> say rather than force debian to build some complicated financial structure,
> people who don't have trivial access to US Dollars and/or an easy way to
> send them to debian should take the extra effort and cost to convert/send
> the cash. Consider that part of your donation.

If we go along with this, a substantial part of small donations will end
up in the hands of the banks.  They have quite enough money already!

     "When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers,
      the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What
      is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of
      man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a
      little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him
      with glory and honour."            Psalms 8:3-5