Re: dselect and resolving

On Tuesday 12 February 2002 06:43, Michel Loos wrote:
> Em Ter, 2002-02-12 às 00:29, John Cichy escreveu:
> > On Monday 11 February 2002 21:32, Richard Cobbe wrote:
> > > Lo, on Monday, February 11, John Cichy did write:

> > > I'm not entirely sure how this works, but there's a very good chance
> > > that /etc/nsswitch.conf is more significant than /etc/host.conf.  What
> > > does the `hosts' line say from nsswitch.conf?
> >
> > hosts	files dns
> >
> > John
>
> A stupid question are you able to connect with lynx to your virtual host
> ?
> Seems your internal router/firewall has problems with name based virtual
> hosting.

I have worked around this problem by by symlinking the debian directory to
the top level host and it now does work. The router/firewall does not have a
problem with name based hosting, It has been working for over a year with no
problems. The problem is I have the firewall blocking DMZ servers from going
out and back in. There is no need to do this.

The problem is that apt is resolving to dns first, if it does not find it
answer, then it looks in the hosts file, so it is ignoring hosts and
nsswitch.conf files.

Anyway, it is now working.

John