dselect and resolving

Hello all,

It seems the dselect ignores the host file when updating it's lists. I have a
debian mirror in my DMZ and have added an entry in my hosts file to use an
internal address to access the mirror, but it seems that dselect is ignoring
that entry and trying the public address instead. Does anyone know how to
make dselect look at the hosts file, my host.conf has the entry :

order hosts,bind

so I would think that it would resolve to the address in the host file.

TIA,
John