Re: Arbitrarily setting From: header in Mutt

Hi

If you are using different mail addresses when replying to specific
people or companies you can use "send hooks" to automatically set a
different "my_hdr" dependant on who you are mailing.

If like me you use a different E-mail address for work and for mailing
lists like this one and have your mail sorted into different folders you
can use folder hooks to set a "my_hdr" dependant on which mail folder
you are in when you compose the mail or reply to mail. It would look
like this:-

folder-hook +Spool/debian-user my_hdr From: pcolbeck@bashq.org

This says if I am reading mail in folder /Mail/Spool/debian-users then
change the From header to pcolbeck@bashq.org

You can also change all the other variables etc with send and folder
hooks in the same way.

Pat

--
Pat Colbeck