Re: Arbitrarily setting From: header in Mutt

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 03:37:03PM -0500, dman wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 02:22:30AM +0800, csj wrote:
[...]
> You can edit the headers individually in the screen that appears after
> you compose the body but before you actually send (where you can also
> add attachments).

Now that you mentioned it, a recheck of ?help makes me sheepish.
Still I think from a user-friendliness point of view, an option to
change From: should be available before you WRITE the message.

> If determining which From: to use is regular, the following technique
> may help you :
>

> set realname=dman
> set from=dsh8290@rit.edu
> set use_from
>
> send-hook '<pattern to match>' \
>     'set realname="other_name" from="other_addr"'

I'm still trying to see if I can get away with
Patrick<pcolbeck@bashq.org>'s simpler -hook formula.

> Q: What is the difference betwee open-source and commercial software?
> A: If you have a problem with commercial software you can call a phone
>    number and they will tell you it might be solved in a future version.
>    For open-source sofware there isn't a phone number to call, but you
>    get the solution within a day.

Nitpick: commercial doesn't necessarily mean non-open (or non-free as
rms would say it).

Collective thanks to all who pitched in with suggestions. Hope this
comes out as pretty as my sylpheed-claws mail.