Re: Package a single binary.

I've actually built quite a few packages for Debian.  Just never a
single binary.  All the tools want a complete source-tree to do so.  I
have a pre-compiled, stand-alone binary (only requires libc6) and want
to make a deb so I can make it part of a virtual package which will
install all dependancies for a certain 'class/type' of machine I have.

I also don't have the source, or say for example.. it's a perl script..
or some bash scripts.. how would you do it?

--
Blake Barnett (bdb)  <blake.barnett@developonline.com>
Sr. Unix Administrator

Learning is a skill, you get better at it with practice.