mp3 and background

I kind of have two questions that are really unrelated.  First can
anyone recomend a mp3 to wav converter sutible for use in burning mp3s
to CD.  I used to have music match under windows, but I want to do this
under linux.  Also I was recenlty poking around ebay and saw an auction
for some debian CD's.  Now on this auction was a screen shot with a
great background.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could
find some good backgrounds for gnome(this one was of an angel).  Thank
you for any help.
--
-Scott Henson

shenson2@wvu.edu