Re: Problems with insmod of modules at startup

#include <hallo.h>
Lukas wrote on Sat Feb 09, 2002 um 03:37:05PM:

> I've compiled a new Kernel (2.4.17).
> Now I've got some modules which have to be insmod at startup.
> I've put them in the /etc/modules.

Run "/etc/init.d/modutils start" manually and check the messages.

> What I miss when using debian is the boot.local
> Doesn't debain have the boot.local file ?
> Or does it have an alternate file with the same function ?

Go to /etc/init.d, copy skeleton file to "myscript" and install it with
update-rc.d.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
"Only wimps use tape backups: real men upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it."