Re: Problems with insmod of modules at startup

    Lukas> Hi.  I've got some problems with my /etc/modules.  I've
    Lukas> compiled a new Kernel (2.4.17).  Now I've got some modules
    Lukas> which have to be insmod at startup.  I've put them in the
    Lukas> /etc/modules.  But nothing happens.  Every time I`ve to
    Lukas> insmod them manually.  What's wrong with my etc/modules ?

We don't see your /etc/modules ;-)

Apart from that /etc/modules is the right place for modules loaded at
boot time.

For the parameters check /etc/modutils/ and add a file with the
corresponding values. - Then check update-modules (man ...) to
regenerate /etc/modules.conf

    Lukas> The time before dabian, I've used SuSE.  What I miss when
    Lukas> using debian is the boot.local Doesn't debain have the
    Lukas> boot.local file ?  Or does it have an alternate file with
    Lukas> the same function ?

See /etc/init.d/ (bootmisc.sh for example) in Debian and if you add a
script: man update-rc.d , but this is not the place for the above
mentioned problem.

HTH,

MH

--