scanner/device ?

What is device that a scsi scanner is connected to?
I am running vuescan and I cannot setup an icon for
it because in order for it to detect my device I have
to "sudo vuescan".  I want to change the permissions
so that a normal user can access the device (or at least
me anyway :) ).

                                Lance Hoffmeyer

The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that certain other
                            sets of psople are human
                                 Aldous Huxley