Re: sftp not connecting/ssh connects

* Lance Hoffmeyer (lance@augustmail.com) [020208 14:58]:
> What have people done in order to get sftp to connect to a remote host?
> The FAQ mentions something about an interactive mode on the shell but
> I am not sure what this means?  My .bashrc is basic with color-dir set
> and a few aliases.  Any suggestions?

Check the remote /etc/ssh/sshd_config, and make sure you have a line
that says

Subsystem	sftp	/usr/lib/sftp-server

Also, look for messages in the log on the remote server. If the
subsystem line isn't there, it should say something about a request for
an unavailable subsystem "sftp".

good times,
Vineet

--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume/