Re: 2.4.17 ?

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 10:13:34PM -0800, Bruce Burhans wrote:
| Msny thanks dman. (and to Deva too) Sure glad there was a phonebooth
| handy.
|
| The new kb sounds like a good idea, but that would be a   _serial_ kb,
| no?

I've never seen a serial (DB-9 or DB-25 connector) keyboard before.
PS/2 is a 9-pin mini-DIN connector.  A small round thing.  Prior to
PS/2 was the AT keyboard which had a bigger DIN connector.

| And the only serial port I have on my Gateway  300S PRB is the one
| the phoneline plugs into, where I'll be attaching my new external,
| controller-based modem.
|
| Is there any way to make another serial port?

Yeah, buy an extension card that has a serial port on it.  Not
necessary since you'll likely never have anything that wants to use it
besides the modem.

| No serial adapter on my kb, one PC................

| Downloaded Cygwin FAQs and reading up!

Enjoy!

-D

--

A man of many companions may come to ruin,
but there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother.