Re: opening x11 through telnet

<quote who="Jaspreet Singh">
> hi ,
>    i have to work on a server which only allows
> telnet
> so who do i allow opening x11 though telnet
>
>  i tried export DISPLAY=0:0..... but :-(

if the ONLY port open is telnet then there is nothing
you can do. if you have control over the system you
can remove the telnet server and run ssh on the telnet
port to get around firewalls or whatever. but if you
can ONLY use the telnet protocol and all other ports
are blocked your stuck, as far as i know ..

the company i work for has a commerical solution
that can run X apps through a telnet session, it
seems popular with some organizations, i really
don't understand why they use telnet still though.
the commercial solution requires installing
a custom X server on the target host though.
i don't use it myself, so can't comment on
it but if your interested in trying a demo
i can point you to where you can get more info
on the product .. email me off list at:

aphro .AT. aphroland .DOT. org

so it will show up in my main mailbox otherwise
it may get lost in the flood of mails this account
recieves.

nate