Re:

cut utter wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am having diffuculty loading a `aacraid' module into the kernel.
> The module is for Dell's PERC RAID controller. The module is compiled
> with 2.2.16-22 (RH7) kernel. Resulting 'o' file is copied to linux
> boot diskette with kernel 2.2.14. Then when I boot a system (with the
> RAID card) with the diskette, `depmod -a' gives "unresoved symbol(s)".
> Similar error is generated by `modprobe'.
> How could I make the module load, if possible at all?

I'm not sure, but I think the kernel on your boot diskette must be
compiled with "awareness" of the aacraid module.
  Why don't you just compile a new kernel with aacraid included and put
this on your boot diskette?  I haven't done this for a long time, but I
it shouln't be much harder than overwrite the old kernel with the new
and running some script (rdev or similar) on the diskette.

(If you are trying to install the system on a Dell PowerEdge there
exista premade diskette-images.)

Best regards,
	Emil