Re: eth0 up, but unable to ping out

* Tom Schuetz (ts22548@mail.cybernetisp.net) spake thusly:
> I've got my rtl8019 acknowledged and "up", but am unable to ping
> anything but lo and the local ip (192.168.1.1).

> eth0: NE2000 found at 0x300, using IRQ 9.

Cascade interrupt, eh? I just had this problem with a 3COM
(Vortex) card the other day. Solution: mark IRQs as "used
by ISA" in BIOS until the NIC gets one it likes. Moving the
NIC into a different slot may help, too.

That is, assuming you checked the cables, light blinks on
the NIC and on the hub etc.

Dima
--
"Mirrors and copulation are abominable because they increase the number of
entities."                                        -- corollary to Occam's Razor