Stop dselect installing packages

Hi

I did a minimal install on a server here that is just going to be an FTP
and DNS server in a test lab. I did the initial install to reboot and
then quite the install so far so good.

Unfortunately when I go into dselect to install proftp etc and the
choose install dselect also wants to install a whole raft of other stuff
like latex and emacs stuff I real don't need on this server.

I guess these packages are part of some kind of base package set but how
do I tell dselect that I dont want them. I just want to be able to
choose individual packages I actually need.

Thanks

Pat

--
Pat Colbeck