Re: direct ISDN connection

Hi, thanks for the help.

> Which one you choose depends on your needs.  If you are to network two
> computers which are both under your control, then I suggest you use rawip
> for the folllowing reasons:
>
> - Simpler configuration.

[...]

sounds good. I dont need to allow users dial in, i only need ISDN as a
fallback connection, that i can still reach the computer far away if the
eth net access has fallen out for some reason.

> If you like, I can tar up my scripts and send them
> to you.  You can use them to set up any number of rawip and syncppp
> interfaces.  They may look a bit complex, but they're quite flexible.

Siutation: at the moment both computers stand here, but one of them will
be soon moved to another country. For testing their isdn cards are
connected with extension numbers 9905 and 9907. 9905 will stay here in the
future, and has to reach the other computer.

Up to now what i reached, that i can call in from any telephone to the
target computer, for example from my work-phone, where my phone extension
is 342, i dial the target computer's extension

isdn_net: call from 342,1,0 -> 9907
isdn_net: Service-Indicator not 7, ignored
isdn_tty: call from 342 -> 9907 ignored

when i try to dial with isdnctrl from 9905:

inet:/etc# isdnctrl dial isdn0
Dialing of isdn0 triggered

in the /var/log/isdn/isndlog stands:

Feb 05 13:13:45 * tei 66 calling   with '9905'  RING (Data)
Feb 05 13:13:54 tei 66 calling   with '9905'  Normal call clearing (User)
Feb 05 13:13:54 tei 66 calling   with '9905'  HANGUP

on the target computer the log shows:

Feb 05 13:13:35 * Call to tei 127 from   on    RING (Data)
Feb 05 13:13:35 Call to tei 69 from   on    CONNECT (Data)
Feb 05 13:13:35 Call to tei 69 from   on    INTERFACE isdn0 called by 9905
Feb 05 13:13:43 Call to tei 69 from   on    Normal call clearing (Private network serving local user)
Feb 05 13:13:43 Call to tei 69 from   on    HANGUP ( 0:00:08)

also they do see eachother, they connect, but they also sofort do a
HANGUP, and this is what i dont like...
what/how shall i fix it?
TO tell the truth i dont know what should happen, but i await at least
that a ping goes through... what should be the next step?

lanc

--
Vegh Karoly