Re: OT: TV Out & DVD

You might consider getting a good video card without the TV out (save a
little money) and instead buying a scan converter.  These devices take
your normal monitor output and converts to a signal suitable for the
TV.  The benefits are that you get XV (the video card thinks the signal
is going to the one primary monitor) and can control the picture
quality from the scan converter (instead of relying on software).  The
downside is that scan converters run from like $70USD - $180USD (and
more).

On another note, I can't get my AMD K6II at 500Mhz to play Ogle without
dropping frames.  Xine plays fine, but doesn't have the mature menu
options of Ogle and so is not a good option for me.  What kind of
system are you putting together?  I'm thinking about buying a cheap-o
Duron motherboard/CPU to use (also as an Ogg jukebox, CD Player, simple
game console).