Re: OFFtopic: printing in vmware

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 11:52:24AM -0500, Walter Tautz wrote:
> I am running win2k within vmware and was wondering how
> to access the printing system on the localhost? Does
> it have something to do with configuring the samba server
> vmware runs?

Yep. Basically you need to:

1) Make sure that printing works on the Linux side.
2) set up a [printers] section in /etc/samba/smb.conf, so the printers
   can be shared. Samba will read /etc/printcap to find out which
   printers are available, so a simple entry like
        [printers]
           comment = All Printers
           browseable = no
           path = /tmp
           printable = yes
           public = yes
           writable = no
           create mode = 0700
   should do the trick. Depending on your requirements you may (or may
   not) want to make it public or browseable. man 5 smb.conf is your
   friend.

HTH
--
Karl E. Jørgensen