What is wrong with proc ?

I am using sid and I upgraded it around 27th of January, after that
strange thing appeared with proc filesystem.

Even if it looks mounted I can not read from proc:
when I write (for example) cat /proc/cpuinfo nothing hapens.
I tried to umount /proc and then I mounted it back and it started to
work just fine so when I invoked cat /proc/cpuinfo, my CPU information

I have already modified the /etc/init.d/mountall.sh script, but I am not
sure it's a best thing I could do.

Is there anybody who knows what exactly should I do ?

Pavol Dilung