Re: Problem with X server

Is this ever a case of the blind leading the blind.
However, I have sort of a divide and conquor approach
with respect to X.  I try to get X working SOMEWAY and
then adjust from there.  That being the case, I have a
theory (and I would like to know if others think that
it's valid) that the easiest way to get X working is
via the frame buffer device.  The reason is that the
frame buffer device is a lot more tolerant.  So, if
you continue to have problems, you might consider
trying an approach using the frame buffer device just
to see if it works.  If it does, you're lucky and that
identify where you're having toruble.

FWIW.
     ... doug
Doug Jolley     mailto://doug@footech.com      http://www.footech.com
         Don't bogart that file, my friend.  Net it over to me.