Re: Woody root on RAID and 2.4.17

hi george

some simple tests...comments...

a.   try to boot debian off of one single scsi disk first
	- copy the initrd.tgz file and the kernel
	onto floppy

	- you will need it to read the scsi disks...
	and cant read teh disk till you have the scsi driver
	( catch-22 problem )

	- make a boot floppy that boots debian on one scsi disk first...
	( at least i would wanna know that i can boot a regular
	( scsi disk first from itself... and boot the scsi off a floppy

b.  make sure that your partition type is fd ( raid autodetect )
    when you are ready to build your sda1 and sdb1 root raid ...
	- i assume you have a typo below for your /boot raid partition
	definitions

c.  make sure lilo.conf has a line for initrd=initrd.gz
	and use lba32 nt linear
	i'd also remove the chs info from lilo.conf

- patches arent needed for raid0/raid1 for 2.2 or 2.4 kernels...
	and probably required for raid5 on most 2.2 kernels

have fun raiding..
alvin
http://www.1U-Raid5.net .... 8x 200GB 1U-Raid5